The Master of Divinity degree is a 87-unit (three-year) program, fulfilling all the educational requirements necessary for ordination.
Master of Divinity Program Learning Outcome:
- Interpret biblical texts critically and competently, explaining the meaning of a given text within applicable contexts and its significance in pertinent streams of current research.
- Analyze major and distinctive teachings of the Christian faith, critiquing leading perspectives through the centuries regarding core beliefs and practices and how these compare with other religions, philosophies, or competing worldviews.
- Explore major historical developments of Christianity, especially – but not solely – in the West, discerning internal and external factors that have shaped it in various cultures.
- Apply and evaluate current methods for incorporating the teachings of a faith – especially the Christian faith – into the lives of individuals in a faith community, beginning with oneself.
- Communicate coherently in professionally competent written form (following a standard style guide) and in effective oral form on matters of religion, illuminating historical, theological, and pastoral implications for contemporary societies.
Master of Divinity Admissions:
- Bachelor of Arts degree, or an equivalent
Master of Divinity Graduation Requirements:
- Satisfactory completion (B average or better) of all required coursework over six semesters’ time (36 months)
- Completion of 87 semester units of credit. Total Contact Hours: 1,305 hours.
- Students must apply for graduation and meet all academic and financial requirements.
Master of Divinity Program Curriculum:
|Master of Divinity Courses||Units||Hours|
|OT501 Pentateuch||3 units||45 hrs|
|OT503 Old Testament Historical Books||3 units||45 hrs|
|OT506 Wisdom Literature||3 units||45 hrs|
|OT508 Old Testament Prophets||3 units||45 hrs|
|OT510 Hermeneutics||3 units||45 hrs|
|OT521 Old Testament Theology||3 units||45 hrs|
|NT531 Gospel||3 units||45 hrs|
|NT540 Exegesis||3 units||45 hrs|
|NT542 New Testament Theology||3 units||45 hrs|
|NT545 Pauline Theology||3 units||45 hrs|
|NT547 General Epistles||3 units||45 hrs|
|NT672 Acts||3 units||45 hrs|
|LG508 Hebrew||3 units||45 hrs|
|LG680 New Testament Greek||3 units||45 hrs|
|TH610-611 Systematic Theology I, II||6 units||90 hrs|
|TH620 Christian Ethics||3 units||45 hrs|
|TH630 Contemporary Theology||3 units||45 hrs|
|CH605 World Mission History||3 units||45 hrs|
|CH630 Church History||3 units||45 hrs|
|CH640 Reformation Theology||3 units||45 hrs|
|CE638 Church Education||3 units||45 hrs|
|GM635 Pastoral Counseling||3 units||45 hrs|
|GM650 Church Growth & Mission||3 units||45 hrs|
|GM670 Preaching||3 units||45 hrs|
|GM674 Leadership Development||3 units||45 hrs|
|GM720 Advanced Research and Writing||3 units||45 hrs|
|FE610 I-VI Church Internship I-VI||6 units||90 hrs|
Total Master of Divinity Courses:
|87 units||1305 hrs|