The Doctor of Philosophy represents the highest level of achievement in any academic discipline. Yuin University is proud to offer a research degree resulting in a Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration. The purpose of the Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration program is to prepare students for the highest level of leadership in business and industry, to conduct and participate in research in the field of business administration and to teach business administration in colleges and universities. Students who earn this degree are qualified to enter academia or the top levels of business or government service. These graduates will have demonstrated excellence in their pursuit of academic study in their selected field. As with any quality Ph.D. degree, the work is challenging but the rewards are substantial.
Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration Program Learning Outcome:
- Identify and explain the four functions of management: Planning, Leading, Organizing, and Controlling, including how these concepts affect the business environment. (Academic achievement – conceptual knowledge)
- Demonstrate application of quantitative understanding to effective business planning and operations. (Academic achievement – conceptual knowledge and applied skills)
- Apply fundamental understanding of the field of business by analyzing various securities transactions, analyzing and evaluating industry trends, and preparing and communicating results of company analysis to different audiences. (Academic achievement–applied skills, inquiry tools/ practices; Leadership)
- Demonstrate knowledge and behaviors necessary for functioning effectively in a business organization. (Leadership, citizenship)
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate and synthesize knowledge, skills, inquiry tools and practices related to business admin. in order to benefit oneself and others. (Academic achievement–conceptual knowledge, applied skills, inquiry tools/practices, moral/spiritual development, leadership, citizenship)
Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration Admissions:
- Master of Art in Business Administration degree or an equivalent degree.
Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration Graduation Requirements:
- Satisfactory completion (B average or better) of all required coursework over eight semesters’ time (approximately 48 months).
- Completion of 54 semester units of credit. 1 semester unit is 15 contact hours for 15 weeks. Total Contact Hours: 810 hours.
- Advancement to candidacy, as signified by the completion of all doctoral coursework.
- Satisfactory completion of doctoral dissertation including oral defense of dissertation.
Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration Program Curriculum:
|BUS-700 Advanced Corporate Leadership||3 units||45 hrs|
|BUS-705 Organizationl Development||3 units||45 hrs|
|BUS-706 Organizationl Communication||3 units||45 hrs|
|BUS-710 Conflict Resolution||3 units||45 hrs|
|BUS-712 Advanced Economic Analysis||3 units||45 hrs|
|BUS-755 Management Finance||3 units||45 hrs|
|BUS-766 Contemporary Marketing Management||3 units||45 hrs|
|BUS-776 Coordinating and Managing Supply Chains||3 units||45 hrs|
|BUS-780 Organizational Change||3 units||45 hrs|
|BUS-785 Technology for Corporations||3 units||45 hrs|
|BUS-790 Strategic Planning||3 units||45 hrs|
|RES-700 Introduction to Dissertation Proposal||3 units||45 hrs|
|RES-801 Quantitative Research||3 units||45 hrs|
|RES-802 Qualitative Research||3 units||45 hrs|
|RES-803 Research Methodology||3 units||45 hrs|
|RES-877 Dissertation I||3 units||45 hrs|
|RES-878 Dissertation II||3 units||45 hrs|
|RES-879 Dissertation III||3 units||45 hrs|
Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration Total: